DeFi Conference 2020 Delivers an All-Star Speaker Lineup
The DeFi Conference 2020 hosted by Bitcoin Events, is a feature-packed free event for anyone to attend and learn about the opportunities that decentralized finance offers to individuals and organizations alike.
Decentralized finance (more commonly known as ‘DeFi’) is growing rapidly, spawning investment and attention from many corners of the finance world. The world of traditional finance is on the brink of an evolution as cracks in traditional finance are beginning to widen.
This one-day event is jam-packed with content: two tracks and over 30 global speakers from the most prominent companies in the DeFi space, covering topics such:
- Reinventing banking with DeFi
- Importance of high quality data in DeFi
- Macro finance and technological trends contributing to the growth of DeFi
- The African context and DeFi adoption
- Leveraging order book data to measure liquidity
- Cryptocurrency investments
- DeFi lending platforms
- The future of stable coins
- The importance of privacy and security in DeFi
- DeFi risk management approaches
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- The future of DeFi
To summarise, the event will explore the current DeFi landscape and players, its impact on the world of traditional finance and the future of DeFi.
The event offers dedicated online spaces for people to network and share business ideas, exhibition opportunities where companies can showcase their products and services with the audience and an opportunity to engage directly with speakers.
Meet some of the amazing speakers!
Global innovators and thought leaders are part of the exciting speaker lineup. These include:
FOUNDER AND CEO OF AAVE
Stani was studying law at the University of Helsinki when he first got into Ethereum and he started exploring how it could impact the traditional financial system.
FOUNDER AND CEO OF THE CELSIUS NETWORK
Alex is also one of the inventors of VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol). He is a serial entrepreneur and founder of seven New York City-based startups, raising more than $1 billion and exiting over $3 billion.
FOUNDER AND CEO AT STAKERDAO
Jonas is also a long time participant in Tezos, where he ran one of the largest public validators, Tezos.Capital.
CO-FOUNDER OF EVERCOIN AND GENERAL PARTNER WITH GUMI VENTURES
Miko is also a General Partner with Gumi Ventures, a US $30M venture capital fund focused early stage blockchain startups and a Venture Partner with BitBull Capital, a cryptocurrency fund-of-funds. He is also an advisor to Arrington XRP Capital.
Other speakers include:
- Ambre Soubiran – CEO of Kaiko
- Lex Sokolin – Global Fintech Co-Head at ConsenSys
- Gustav Arentoft – Business Development (Europe, SEA, Africa), Maker Foundation
- Itamar Lesuisse – Co-founder and CEO of Argent
- Alex Batlin – Founder and CEO of Trustology
- On Yavin – Founder and CEO of Cointelligence
- Alex McDougall – Co-founder of Bicameral Ventures
- Dr. Friederike Ernst – COO at Gnosis
- Richard de Sousa – Founder and CEO of AltCoinTrader
- Luca Consentino – Product and Go to Market at Oasis Labs
- Rebecca Mqamelo- Head of Growth at Zerion
- Jorge Sebastiao – CTO, Advisor, Executive Board Member of the Government Blockchain Association (GBA)
- George Samman – Advisor at Kadena and Fantom
- Andrey Bugaevski – Project Lead at Incognito Chain
Sponsors and Partners of the DeFi Conference 2020
Aave, a well-known lending protocol that enables users to lend and borrow a diverse range of cryptocurrencies using both stable and variable interest rates, is onboard as a Partner of the event.
AltcoinTrader, a South African based cryptocurrency exchange, StakerDAO a platform designed for governing financial assets in a secure, decentralized, and compliant manner and Dash, a cryptocurrency designed to ensure user privacy and anonymity, are the Gold Sponsors of the event.
Register for the DeFi Conference 2020 here.