Your privacy is very important to Bitcoin Events (Pty) Ltd (Bitcoin Events). To better protect your privacy, Bitcoin Events provides this Policy explaining its undertaking to protect your personal information.
Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the Act”) and in accordance with the definition of Personal Data in Article 4 (1) of the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (EU) 2016/679. Bitcoin Events also subscribes to the principles for electronically collecting Personal information outlined in the Act, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
Use of Personal Information:
Bitcoin Events may use and disclose your personal information in the following manner:
- by the use of your email address to contact you from time to time relating to promotions and offers, to send you notifications and for security reasons;
- to aggregate statistics and data about the use of Bitcoin Events and/or to customise the Bitcoin Events’s content, layout and services;
- by the aggregation of your personal information with other people’s personal information to create and disseminate, as Bitcoin Events considers appropriate, as aggregated data without specific identification or your unique personal data;
You may at any time, via written notice to Bitcoin Events, require that we do not disclose your personal information in the manner contemplated above, in which case Bitcoin Events will not do so, but Bitcoin Events may, on the basis of operational requirements, preclude your use of our services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Bitcoin Events at any time.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs, where relevant) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
- The provision and performance of the services;
- Informing you of changes made to our website, services and platforms;
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have;
- Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with you for the purposes described in this clause;
- For security, administrative and legal purposes; and
- The creation and development of market data profiles which may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help us improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form, but shall not be used in any way which may comprise the identity of a user.
- Marketing of our services and other related offerings to you;
- Understanding general user trends and patterns so that we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies;
Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the internet, Bitcoin Events places great importance on the security of your Personal Information, and has in place technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process online.
We will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments in order to protect any unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction by means of ensuring that standard data protection clauses are enforced.
Your information will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in these Terms or as required by applicable legislation or law.
The Personal Information Bitcoin Events collects from Clients shall only be accessed by Bitcoin Events employees, representatives and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
We will not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information to any third party without your consent or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by Bitcoin Events will only be in connection with the provision of our Services. In order to effectively render our Services to you, we share your information, where necessary, with website analytics services, exchange platform and order book partners, payment gateways, regulators, authorised exchange control dealers and/or other regulatory authorities as required by law, as well as other service providers required to render our Services to you.
The Personal Information provided by you is necessary in order that Bitcoin Events may provide the requisite Services to you, and failure to provide such Personal Information may render Bitcoin Events unable to provide such Services.
- As with all websites and online platforms, when you visit Bitcoin Events website, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit, and other information concerning your computer’s operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is aggregated and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
- “Session cookies”: These are used to maintain a so-called ‘session state’ and only lasts for the duration of your use of the Website. A session cookie expires when you close your browser, or if you have not visited the server for a certain period of time. Session cookies are required for the Platform to function optimally, but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- “Permanent cookies”: These cookies permanently store a unique code on your computer or smart device hard drive in order to identify you as an individual user. No Personal Information is stored in permanent cookies. You can view permanent cookies by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. You may delete or reject permanent cookies, but this may affect the availability and/or functionality of the services of the Website to you. These permanent cookies are not required for the website to work, but may enhance your browsing experience.
Links from Bitcoin Events
- Bitcoin Events, and the services available through the website, may contain links to other third party websites, including (without limitation) social media platforms and payment gateways (“Third Party Websites”). If you select a link to any Third Party Website, you may be subject to such Third Party Website’s terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under the control, nor responsibility, of Bitcoin Events.
- Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites are provided “as is”, and Bitcoin Events does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Websites.
- Bitcoin Events does not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. As such, we are not responsible for the content of such Third Party Websites.
- Bitcoin Events does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Application of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT ACT”)
- Data Messages (as defined in the ECT Act) will be deemed to have been received by Bitcoin Events if and when Bitcoin Events responds to the Data Messages.
- Data Messages sent by Bitcoin Events to a Client will be deemed to have been received by such user in terms of the provisions specified in section 23(b) of the ECT Act.
- Clients acknowledge that electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between Clients and Bitcoin Events.
- Information to be provided in terms of section 43(1) of the ECT Act:
- Clients warrant that Data Messages sent to Bitcoin Events from any electronic device, used by such Client from time to time or owned by such Client were sent and or authorised by such user, personally.
- This website is owned and operated by Bitcoin Events (Pty) Ltd, (Registration Number 2014/195807/07) a private company owned and operated in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- Address for service of legal documents: Castle Mews, 16a New Market Street, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
- Bitcoin Events – located at: http://bitcoinevents.co.za
- Email address: email@example.com
This Policy is governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa and any legal action instituted in connection with this Policy ought to be instituted in the Republic of South Africa.